A-100 UNDERSTANDING YOUR DIGITAL CAMERA
UNDERSTANDING YOUR DIGITAL CAMERA
INSTRUCTOR: CHUCK ALMAREZ
2-part Class: Thursdays, June 3 & 10, 7pm-9pm
A class where you can learn how and when to use the essential controls provided by your digital camera:
- DIOPTER SETTING: Lets you set your camera viewfinder for your specific vision so you see your subject more clearly and in proper focus. (Available with DSLR cameras.)
- EXPOSURE DIAL: When and how to use each of the primary exposure options, how they work, and when to use them.
- APERTURE SETTING: What it does, how it works, and how to control it for best results. This is the control to use when you want the subject sharp but a dramatic soft focus background.
- SHUTTER SPEED: How to control it, when to change it, controlling the results. Create amazing stop action photos for sports, the kids playing, or the dog chasing a ball.
- ISO SETTING: What is it, what does it do, when to change it. Change the ISO setting to capture dramatic night shots of the Milky Way or just to capture dramatic night photos of the homeplace for your family album.
- AUTO FOCUS, MANUAL FOCUS, & VIBRATION REDUCTION: Learn when to use the different focus modes on your camera and when to use (or not use) the Vibration Reduction/Image Stabilization control on your lens.